Business Address: 01601 Kyiv, Bogomoletz street 4,
Data of Birth: 19.09.1974
1994 – 2000 Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, biology faculty, department of biophisics
2001 – 2004 PhD student in the experimental cardiology department of Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (Scientific supervisor – Prof. A. Moibenko)
2007 Ph.D. degree in pathological physiology, reseacher in department of general and molecular pathophysiology A.A. Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
2009 Senior researcher of General and Molecular Pathophysiology Department of Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (chief – professor A. Moibenko).
Present position: Group leader of General and Molecular Pathophysiology Department of Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (chief – professor V. Dosenko).
Field of research: physiology, pathophysiology, biochemistry, vascular pathology
Practical Experience: Research of mechanisms of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids cardioprotective influence at damage of the myocardium of any genesis
Procedures and skills:
· Animal handling experience (perfusion by Langendorff technique, different models of arterial hypertension, myocardial infarction, hypetrophy of heart, diabetes mellitus in rats)
· Isolation and cultivation of different cells (neonatal cardiomyocytes)
· Langendorff perfusion of the isolated hearts
· Assay of peroxide lipid oxidation
· Chemiluminescence techniques
· Different biochemical methods
· Western blot, Zymografy
· RNA, DNA isolation techniques
· Fractionation of cells and subcellular particles using Percoll, Ficoll
· Statistic analysis with use of software Statistica 5.0, Origin 7.0 etc.
Languages: working knowledge of English; Russian, Ukrainian – native.
Actively working with foreign colleagues from the Institute for Heart Research, Slovak Academy of Sciences. Project 2008-2010 and 2011-2013 years.
1. Shysh A.M, Pyvovar SM, Kukoba TV, Kotsiuruba AV, Moibenko OO. Effect of modification in cell membrane fatty acid composition on adrenergic cardiac and vascular reactivity // Fiziol Zh. 2004;50(6):19-26. Ukrainian.
2. А.M. Shysh, T.V. Kukoba, L.V. Tumanovskaia, O.O. Moуbenko. Cardioprotective effect of phospholipid membrane composition modification on myocardium during stress injury // Fiziol Zh. 2005; 51(2):17-23. Ukrainian.
3. Kaplinskiy S.P., Shysh А.M., Nagibin V.S., Dosenko V.E., Moibenko А.А. Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids elevate elevate expression of PPAR target genes // Physiol. J. - 2009. – vol. 55, № 2. – P. 37-43. Ukrainian.
4. Radosinska J, Bacova B, Bernatova I, Navarova J, Zhukovska A, Shysh A, Okruhlicova L, Tribulova N. Myocardial NOS activity and connexin-43 expression in untreated and omega-3 fatty acids-treated spontaneously hypertensive and hereditary hypertriglyceridemic rats // Mol Cell Biochem. – 2011. – N. 347(1-2). – P.163-73.
5. A.S. Zhukovska, A. M. Shysh, A. A. Moybenko. Study of omega-3 PUFA impact on fatty acid composition of heart, respiration of heart mitochondria in experimental diabetes // Internat Physiol Pathophysiol. - 2012. –. – N. 4. – P. 10-15
6. O. Panasiuk, A. Shysh, A. Bondarenko, A. Moibenko. Omega-3 PUFA-enriched diet differentially protects two subpopulations of myocardial mitochondria against Ca2+-induced injury // Experimental and Clinical Cardiology – 2013. – Vol.18, № 1. – P. e60-e64.
7. Zhukovska Anna, Shysh Angela, Bacova Barbara, Radosinska Jana, Benova Tamara, Viczenczova Csilla, Dosenko Victor, Moybenko Oleksiy,Tribulova Narcisa. Heart-protective effect of n-3 PUFA demonstrated in a rat model of diabetic cardiomyopathy // Mol Cell Biochem - 2014. – Vol. 389(1-2). – P. 219-27.
8. Oksana Maksymchuk, Angela Shysh, Mykola Chashchyn, Olexiy Moibenko. Dietary Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Alter a Fatty Acid Composition of Lipids and CYP2E1 Expression in Rat Liver Tissue // International Journal for Vitamin and Nutrition Research (in press).